Looking for a quick addition to a hearty bowl of soup, a delicious salad, or really…any meal? Well this Quick Beer Bread is your answer!
I use to spend a lot of money buying the pre-made mixes for this bread. Once I made this homeade version though, I would never buy another one again. Once you see how easy and delicious this version is, you will never go back either!
I love this version of beer bread because there are no special ingredients aside from what I normally have in my pantry.
Add half of your melted butter to the bottom of your greased loaf pan.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 can (12oz.) beer (any lemon/lime soda may be used as a substitute)
- ½ stick butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan (or 4 mini loaf pans, see extra tip below).
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt to a large bowl and whisk together until combined. Add beer and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Pour half the melted butter into greased loaf pan. Add the batter, then pour the remaining melted butter on top of your batter.
- Bake on center rack for 50-60 minutes. The top should be brown and crispy and toothpick should come out clean when inserted into the center of the loaf.
- Remove from oven, let sit in pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and serve immediately!
Don’t forget to try my Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup to go with the bread...